Afternoon, Gemmers,

Here’s an exciting opportunity: Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery Trust are recruiting a Family Learning Officer, details attached or follow the instructions below.

Family Learning Officer                   Post Number TH042

£19,621 – 20,858 per annum

Temporary until 31 March 2015

37 hours per week

Tullie House is one of the top visitor attractions in Cumbria – attracting 250,000 people every year.   The museum and art gallery offers visitors a rich diversity of experiences. This includes an opportunity to understand the long and rich history, archaeology and nature of the area, the best of contemporary art, and beautiful buildings and gardens.

Together with The Wordsworth Trust and the Lakeland Arts Trust, Tullie House Museum & Art Gallery is part of the Cumbrian Museum Consortium, funded by Arts Council England.  Over the next two years we will be delivering exciting and innovative programmes celebrating excellence and ensuring more people experience and are inspired by the richness of Cumbria’s museums.

We are looking for a creative person to develop activities, resources and events that encourage families to actively engage with our collections (and Guildhall) and exhibitions.  You will work with staff across the organisation to embrace the Kids in Museums manifesto and develop innovative initiatives that ensure that Tullie House and the Guildhall deliver award-winning family friendly services.

An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check will be required for this post.

For further details and an application pack returnable by 12 noon on Friday 23rd August 2013 visit:

www.carlisle.gov.uk or email [log in to unmask] or phone us on 01228 817080 (24 hours answer phone) quoting the post number TH042

Marian Jones

Programming Manager

Tullie House Museum and Art Gallery Trust

Castle Street

Carlisle

CA3 8TP

Direct Line: 01228 618724