Hi all,

A quick Tuesday afternoon question (or, more accurately, questions) for anyone with the time to respond –

Do you use comedy in your education programming, either in your own practice or through hiring in practitioners?

If so, what do you see as the particular value of these techniques, either on a practical/technical level (gaining attention, testing recollection/understanding, etc), or wider impact upon cognitive/emotional/intellectual/ethical/social etc etc development?

If not, has that been a conscious decision? What set you against it? What would you want to know about comedy to give you the confidence to use it in your work?

Thanks for any and all responses – just writing a blog for the AND site about the educational value of comedy. All ideas used will be cited...!

Thanks & thanks again,

John

John McMahon

Museums, Libraries & Heritage Advisor

A New Direction

20-26 Brunswick Place,

Hackney, London, N1 6DZ

www.anewdirection.org.uk

T: 020 7608 2132

M: 07734 967798

E: [log in to unmask]

L: www.linkedin.com/in/johnjamesmcmahon

Tw: @JohnMcArtsEd

Tw: @A_New_Direction

Take a look at our blog, and make sure you sign up to receive our monthly digest