Just a quick *bump* for this, as I hopefully people are now back from holiday! Very interested to know your thoughts & feelings about this approach,

BW, John

From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of John McMahon
Sent: 16 August 2013 12:38
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tate's Anna Cutler on 'Transforming Tate Learning', + the possibilities for the wider sector

Crikey, the formatting has gone a bit wild there – hopefully this will come through in more comprehensible shape...!

Hi Gemmers,

Very pleased to say that Tate's Director of Learning Anna Cutler has written a piece for A New Direction on...

* The Paul Hamlyn Foundation-supported 'TRANSFORMING TATE LEARNING' process they've been through recently;

* How it has re-shaped practice and increased the centrality of learning across Tate's sites;

* What the wider museums & broader cultural learning sphere might glean from this process!

We've also highlighted some KEY THEMES around:

* The way that work is conceived and undertaken;

* Who needs to be responsible;

* How to utilise external practice and expertise.

So please read, if you find interesting share, and of course also let us know what you think!

The piece can be found here: http://bit.ly/12a0fKO

Also deployed a #TransformingTateLearning Twitter hashtag, great if anyone uses it but I shan't hold it against anyone that doesn't...!

Thanks & best all

John

John McMahon

Museums, Libraries & Heritage Advisor

A New Direction

20-26 Brunswick Place,

Hackney, London, N1 6DZ

www.anewdirection.org.uk

T: 020 7608 2132

M: 07734 967798

E: [log in to unmask]

L: www.linkedin.com/in/johnjamesmcmahon

Tw: @JohnMcArtsEd

Tw: @A_New_Direction

Take a look at our blog, and make sure you sign up to receive our monthly digest