Hi - I'm afraid the reviewer is correct.   If you threshold multiple contrasts (whether like this, or in FEAT, etc), you really should apply some form of multiple comparison correction across those multiple tests - e.g., such as described by the reviewer.  Of course, particularly in the case of FMRI, for some reason people often don't bother….

Steve.