Hi Simon
Calculating RD and AD values *per fibre direction* is an ill-posed problem given standard diffusion (HARDI) data. In particular, there is a strong correlation between partial volume fractions and diffusivities.
In bedpostx, we assume that RD=0, and so we can calculate partial volume fractions unambiguously.
If you want to calculate RD values per fibre, you need a more complex model and appropriate data (e.g. multiple b-values).

Cheers,
Saad.