Brett Buchanan has recently announced this great looking symposium: http://brettbuch.wordpress.com/extinction-symposium/

Extinction Symposium

On November 14-16, 2013, Laurentian University will be hosting an international symposium on endangered species, extinction, and biodiversity. Together with my colleagues Gillian Crozier (philosophy) and Albrecht Schulte-Hostedde (biology), I have been awarded a SSHRC Connections Grant to fund scholars from Australia, New Zealand, the USA, and across Canada, to speak on these pressing environmental topics, and to do so from a range of perspectives across the humanities and sciences. Information on the speakers will be forthcoming over the next few weeks.

The Extinction Symposium is tied in with the annual visit of multiple award-winning author Margaret Atwood. Along with her partner Graeme Gibson, Atwood will be in Sudbury to promote her latest novel, MaddAddam, the third in her "extinction" trilogy. Both Atwood and Gibson will participate in a round table discussion on extinction and the biodiversity crisis.

--
Dr Michelle Bastian
Chancellor's Fellow, Edinburgh College of Art