From: Mary Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 22 July 2013 12:07
Subject: BALEAP PIM on feedback
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear EATAW members

The information below about our BALEAP Professional Issues meeting on 23 November about Feedback in EAP was previously sent out to you.

If you are interested in the event, please note that registration is now open.
You'll find a link to register and further information on our website

http://www.brookes.ac.uk/international/baleap-professional-issues-meeting/

Please send proposals and any queries to me.

Best wishes
Mary

Dear
BALEAP members

Following the successful PIM at Essex last Saturday, I am pleased to announce the next BALEAP PIM, to be held at Oxford Brookes University on Saturday 23 November.
The theme for our PIM is 'Feedback in EAP'.
We encourage presentations about a wide range of feedback contexts within EAP, including tutor-student, student-tutor, student-student, tutor-tutor and through a variety of means, such as tutorials, groups, written, spoken, face to face and electronically, and for formative, summative or other purposes,
Please see further details in the call for papers copied below, and attached. Please also see proposal form and flyer attached, and visit our website.http://www.brookes.ac.uk/international/baleap-professional-issues-meeting/

Please contact me with any enquiries. We look forward to welcoming you to Oxford!

Best wishes
Mary

Feedback in EAP

Feedback continues to be a central issue in the student experience at HE and is high on the agenda in national and institutional student satisfaction surveys. Many studies have confirmed the importance of feedback to learning. EAP programmes make a particularly strong contribution to feedback, in their role to support students before and during their HE studies.

This PIM is focused on the contribution of feedback to learning and teaching in EAP. Possible themes to be explored are the effectiveness of feedback in the following areas: tutorial/classroom feedback, peer feedback, programme feedback, formative and summative feedback, and the use of new technology in feedback.

We invite proposals relating to any area of feedback in EAP for either a) a presentation of 40 minutes (including 10 minutes questions)

b) a workshop of 40 minutes

Please complete attached proposal form and send to [log in to unmask]

Further information about the venue, accommodation etc is available on the website:

http://www.brookes.ac.uk/international/baleap-professional-issues-meeting/

--
Mary Davis
Senior Lecturer/Pre-Master's Course Manager