Social Semiotics, Vol. 23, No. 4, 01 Sep 2013

Special Issue: Signs, Brands and Communities

This new issue contains the following articles:
Foreword
Pages: 461-463

Article
Semiotizing a product into a brand
Marcel Danesi
Pages: 464-476

Negotiating the meaning of brands
Torkild Thellefsen & Bent Sørensen
Pages: 477-488

Brand response analysis: a Peircean semiotic approach
Paulo de Lencastre & Ana Côrte-Real
Pages: 489-506

Brands as semiotic molecular entities
Fernando Pinto Santos
Pages: 507-516

Branding national issues: India and the branding bandwagon
Seema Khanwalkar
Pages: 517-522

Soft power, ideology and symbolic manipulation in Summer Olympic Games opening ceremonies: a semiotic analysis
Chris Arning
Pages: 523-544

“I know half the money I spend on advertising is wasted, but I do not know which half (J. Wannamaker)”: Semiotic answers to perennial branding troubles
George Rossolatos
Pages: 545-560

A note on cognitive branding and the value profile
Torkild Thellefsen, Bent Sørensen & Marcel Danesi
Pages: 561-569

The meta-discourse of contemporary brands and the indexing of consumption: a way to build bonds of meaning
Clotilde Perez & Sergio Bairon
Pages: 570-586