I'm very pleased to announce the release of the first iteration of the Digital Preservation Business Case Toolkit. It provides a detailed guide to writing a Business Case focused on digital preservation activity, and is aimed at practitioners and middle managers who need to make the case to fund their preservation work:
http://wiki.dpconline.org/index.php?title=Digital_Preservation_Business_Case_Toolkit
We'll be continuing to refine the Toolkit during the remaining months of the SPRUCE Project, so please send any feedback or sample business cases that we can share to: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

The images that were created to illustrate the toolkit are also being made available for re-use by the community under a CC-BY-NC license:
http://wiki.dpconline.org/index.php?title=SPRUCE_Digital_Preservation_Illustrations

These are key outputs from the Jisc funded SPRUCE Project which is working to support digital preservation activities and make them more sustainable. The toolkit was created by 13 digital preservation experts in a 3 day "book sprint" which brought together and realised the foundational work of the SPRUCE Project on business cases to date. Follow this link for more information about the Toolkit and how it was created:
http://wiki.dpconline.org/index.php?title=About_the_Digital_Preservation_Business_Case_Toolkit

SPRUCE is a Jisc funded collaboration between the University of Leeds, the British Library, the Digital Preservation Coalition, the London School of Economics, and the Open Planets Foundation.
http://wiki.opf-labs.org/display/SPR

Paul Wheatley
SPRUCE Project Manager
The University of Leeds
http://wiki.opf-labs.org/display/SPR

Support your digital preservation community! Get involved in these collaborative initiatives:
http://wiki.opf-labs.org/display/SPR/Collaborate+with+the+digital+preservation+community