As part of an ongoing programme of investment in Human Geography at Birmingham, we are advertising a number of posts in both Human Geography and Planning at Lecturer, Senior Lecturer and Reader level.  For the Geography posts we're looking to build on our existing expertise in critical urbanism, social & political transitions and diverse economies, though will consider candidates with a range of different interests.

The full job advert can be found at http://j.mp/14nsp1P<http://t.co/kazjpGNw5a>

The closing date is 5 September and the interviews will be held on 19 and 27 September 2013.  If you're interested in applying to a Readership, please contact our Head of School Professor Ian Fairchild ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) to discuss this in the first instance.

Feel free to get in touch with myself ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) or Julian Clark ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) if you have any questions or want an informal chat before applying.  If you're interested in the Planning positions, contact Mike Beazley ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Dr Phil Jones
Senior Lecturer in Cultural Geography
Deputy Head of Education GEES
Geography Programme Leader
Society, Economy & Environment Research Group Co-Leader

School of Geography, Earth & Environmental Sciences
University of Birmingham
Edgbaston
Birmingham
B15 2TT
t: +44 (0)121 414 5546
f: +44 (0)121 414 5528
Bio: http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/staff/profiles/gees/jones-phil.aspx

Interested in crowdsourced community mapping?  Visit
https://maplocal.org.uk<https://maplocal.org.uk/>
and download the app on Google Play
http://tinyurl.com/mcfa97l

Read the blog for the AHRC-funded Cultural Intermediation project:
http://www.culturalintermediation.org.uk<http://www.culturalintermediation.org.uk/>

Second Edition of Urban Regeneration in the UK out now
http://www.uk.sagepub.com/books/Book237213