I want to echo Douglas' cautionary note about Chellaney's book. I've written a critical review of it for Antipode, for those interested:

http://radicalantipode.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/book-review_akhter-on-chellaney.pdf

Two other recommendations:

Wirsing, R. G., Jasparro, C., & Stoll, D. C. (2012). International Conflict Over Water Resources in Himalayan Asia: Conflict and Cooperation Over Asia's Water Resources. Palgrave Macmillan.

Furlong, K. (2006). Hidden theories, troubled waters: International relations, the ‘territorial trap’, and the Southern African Development Community's transboundary waters. Political Geography, 25(4), 438-458.

Good luck!

Majed Akhter

Department of Geography
Indiana University - Bloomington