Hi Zhu,
Did you try refining against a single model to high resolution (using
auto-refine) and then perform 3D classification with local angular
searches that are much finer than you would normally use in 3D
classification? This is explained also at the end of the tutorial on the
RELION Wiki. We often get good results with that in cases where the de
novo classification fails.
Hope that helps, Sjors

--
Sjors Scheres