Hi all,
 If I am not wrong, the Karplus & Diederich paper suggests that data is
generally meaningful upto CC1/2  value of 0.20 but they suggest a paired
refinement technique ( pretty easy to perform) to actually decide on the
resolution at which to cut the data. This will be the most prudent thing to
do I guess and not follow any arbitrary value, as each data-set is
different. But the fact remains that even where I/sigma(I) falls to 0.5
useful information remains which will improve the quality of the maps, and
when discarded just leads us a bit further away from  truth. However, as
always, Dr Diederich and Karplus will be the best persons to comment on
that ( as they have already done in the paper :) )

best,

Arka Chakraborty

p.s. Aimless seems to suggest a resolution limit bases on CC1/2=0.5
criterion ( which I guess is done to be on the safe side- Dr. Phil Evans
can explain if there are other or an entirely different reason to it! ).
But if we want to squeeze the most from our data-set,  I guess we need to
push a bit further sometimes :)

--
*Arka Chakraborty*
*ibmb (Institut de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona)**