From: Mahesh Lingaraju <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, 26 August 2013 16:43
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Stuck rfree - possible non merohedral twinning ?

Hi Juergen & other experts

Thanks for the suggestions.  I was under the impression that the twin laws/operators are to be used if the twinning is merohedral. In my case, it appears as if the twinning is non-merohedral and more over the data i have is processed as P422 which does not have twin operators ( probably because all the axial pairs are same anyway). Probably because of the same reason, xtriage did not give any operators for me to use. In such cases, do people usually try to process the data in another space group of lower symmetry which has a twin law and is there a definite way to distinguish twinning by merohedry vs non-merohedry other than just looking at the diffraction pattern ( is it crucial to make that differentiation ?) ?

Thanks

Mahesh