Bernard, Ed,
Sounds like an impurity, all right. But if so you wold think
the chemical companies would be selling special low-A280 grade
imidazole for IMAC, and for some price you could get material
that doesn't absorb there at all. Unless its a spontaneous
decomposition product. Maybe even the pure compound has
some absorbance there, and impurities result in the
variability mentioned?
eab