Why not adopt a classical purification strategy? IEX-HIC-GEC. His-tag not
required. With your protein strongly basic, anion exchange seems like a
likely first step. After IEX, hydrophobic interaction or salt precipitation
followed by gel exclusion is normally enough for well-expressed proteins.

Roger Rowlett