---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Roger Rowlett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Aug 10, 2013 12:01 PM
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Xtal formed during purification
To: "ZHIZHI WANG" <[log in to unmask]>

When I worked with S. typhimurium tryptophan synthase, it would crystallize
directly from the crude lysate during ammonium sulfate precipitation. IIRC
the history of this protein, these little crystals diffracted as well. In
fact, 2x crystallization was how we purified the enzyme. Never saw a
column. Sometimes you get lucky.

Roger Rowlett