Dear CCP4bb,

I would like to calculate the shape complementarity of several
protein-ligand complexes (crystal structures with ligand available). This
involves a set of different proteins and also different ligands. The
ligands are similar in size, but not in chemical composition.

I have looked into the program sc (originally developed to calculate shape
complementarity for protein-protein interfaces), but since the interfaces
are rather small - as pointed out by Mike Lawrence - it might not be
suitable for this type of problem.

Has anyone done something similar before? There are some mutants available,
so it would be good to quantify the change in shape complementarity for
different mutations/ligands for one protein, but also to be able to compare
the different protein-ligand complexes to one another.

Thanks in advance,

Tobias.

Dr. Tobias Beck
ETH Zurich