This is not totally surprising because New Hampshire does not have many African-Americans living there. I graduated high school in 1988 in New York and know there were events then that commemorated MLK's I Have a Dream speech. Also, New Hampshire was the last state in the US to honour MLK as a state holiday in 1991.

George Watley
From: The Black and Asian Studies Association [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Angela Allison [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 August 2013 12:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: 1988: Was the 25th Anniversary of MLK's Dream speech commemorated?

I was 20 in 1988. In fact I was in New Hampshire, America for 12 weeks, from July to Sept 1988. And I don't recall a single incident commemorating the 25th Anniversary of MLK's Dream speech.

Was the occasion marked in the UK?
Was it marked in other parts of America?

Angela Allison, Coventry UK
=The University of Northampton joins the global Social Enterprise elite and is the first Ashoka U 'Changemaker Campus' in the UK; recognised for the excellence of our extensive social enterprise, innovation and entrepreneurship provision. See more about this on our website http://changemakercampus.org.uk

96% of our graduates are in employment or further study six months after completing their courses.  See more about this on our website http://www.northampton.ac.uk/about

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it. We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.