 (Apologies for cross-posting)

I hope everyone is enjoying a little summer quiet before  the new term begins. We here at Bridgeman Education wanted to crow about a recent review in this month’s Library Journal (e-reviews section). If you get the Library Journal, please take a moment to check it out!

For those of you who don’t get the journal a brief excerpt is below (written by Cheryl LaGuardia- Library Journal):

‘So enticing were these sample images I simply couldn’t hold back, so I searched for (one at a time) The Scream, Arthur Rackham, John Tenniel, Judy Chicago, Pompeii, Dead Sea scrolls, Robert Mapplethorpe, Magdalena Abakanowicz, Paul Revere, Frank Gehry, Frank Lloyd Wright, Clarice Cliff, Seth Thomas, Annie Leibovitz, Basho, millefiori, and Thomas Dennis, and found items in the database for every one of these terms.’

And:

‘The subjects section is astonishing. It allows patrons to browse the files using 13 different subject areas: movement, period, or school; subject; medium; objects; conceptual images; history of science; graphic design; Chinese art; Japanese art; secondary schools; Indian art; fashion; and Bridgeman standard classification (which draws on “categories used for over 40 years by researchers and commercial clients of the Bridgeman Art Library…[guiding] you through a wide range of topics such as people and places, slavery, society, religion and sports…”). In fact, there are so many subcategories that it’s impossible to list them all here.’

And finally:

‘Verdict Bridgeman Education is breathtaking: a beautifully rendered product at a sensible price, obviously a labor of love and enormous creativity. The high-quality and extensive content is made easily accessible through quick search and browsing in so many different categories and sub-categories I can’t even list them all. Unreservedly recommended for all libraries serving anyone needing art and historic images.’

A free trial of our subscription image database is available here.

We hope you will agree that this is an electronic resource that should be in your library!  If you would like a full copy of the review I’m happy to forward it to you individually or if you have any questions about pricing or content, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you!

Alice

Alice Chandler

Bridgeman Education Manager

T  +44 (0)20 7908 1644

Bridgeman Art Library Ltd.
17-19 Garway Road,

London, W2 4PH UK

Description: Description: Description: Description: S:\BAL EDUCATION\PROMOTION AND PRESS PACKS\LOGOS & STYLE GUIDELINES\NEW LOGO 09\SMALL LOGOS\LOGO_EDUCATION.JPG

NEW CONTENT in the archive for August: 30,000+ images

www.bridgemaneducation.com

Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: facebook.jpgDescription: Description: Description: Description: Description: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vR_Z8fpX1iY/TI_r83ghCJI/AAAAAAAAAF4/x-OJ2h0-1Cs/s1600/new_bird.pngDescription: Description: Description: Description: Description: app_store.jpeg

Registered as a Limited Company in England:  Company Number 1056394. This email is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. The Bridgeman Art Library cannot accept liability for statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not made on behalf of the Bridgeman Art Library.

P  Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

For up to date information on forthcoming workshops and free visits please see the online ARLIS/UK & Ireland Events Calendar 2013 at http://arlis.org.uk/