Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:27:56 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Interns Debate - ARA Statement
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear Colleagues

The debate on internship and volunteering stimulated by the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health advert sent out on 14 August has raised many issues on the balance of benefits to employers and potential employees.

ARA issued its policy on volunteering in 2011 on the value of volunteering and limitations on what volunteers in archives should be expected to do. The statement is available at

http://www.archives.org.uk/campaigns/volunteering.html

It is now a timely moment for these issues to be brought to the ARA Board’s attention. We will post up the outcome of discussion by Board members through the usual ARA channels and to Archives NRA.

Regards

Martin

Martin Taylor

Chair, ARA (UK & Ireland)

c/o Hull History Centre

Worship Street

Hull

HU2 8BG

(01482) 317501

Hull - Candidate City for UK City of Culture 2017

This transmission is intended for the named addressee(s) only. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately. All transmissions may be subjected to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

Website: www.hullcc.gov.uk Tel: 01482 300 300 Text Phone: 01482 300 349