Dear All,

Many thanks to all who've responded. There's a lot of helpful stuff and I've been pleasantly surprised at how many repsones I've had given the time of year!

To everyone who expressed concern that Flintshire's records management service should be doing this, I should explain that we do indeed have a RM service which does a fantastic job. Ideally, of course, everything should be fed through the Records Management system, but a situation where people are clearing out cupboards and filing cabinets which haven't been looked at for decades is not ideal! There'll be stuff which should have gone through the RM system and come out the other end years ago - most of it heading for confidential destruction. I just want to ensure that the odd gem amongst the rubbish doesn't get missed.

Thanks again.

Claire

Claire Harrington
Principal Archivist/Y Prif Archifydd
Flintshire Record Office/Archifdy Sir y Fflint
01244 532414

Opinions advice, conclusions and other information in this

message that do not relate to the official business of

Flintshire County Council shall be understood as neither

given nor endorsed by it or on its behalf, and consequently

Flintshire County Council shall bear no responsibility

whatsoever in respect thereof.

Deellir na ! fydd unrhyw safbwyntiau, na chynghorion, na

chasgliadau nac unrhyw wybodaeth arall yn y neges hon,

nad ydynt yn berthnasol i waith swyddogol

Cyngor Sir y Fflint, yn cael eu cynnig na'u cadarnhau ganddo

nac ar ei ran, ac felly ni fydd Cyngor Sir y Fflint yn derbyn

unrhyw gyfrifoldeb am y rhannau hynny o'r neges.