Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:23:02 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Drift
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear colleagues,

Although this is not archaeobotany, I guess this mailing list is a suitable forum for a question like this.

Someone sent this photo to the Natural history museum in Stavanger, and it was forwarded to me. This object has drifted ashore on a beach here in Rogaland, southwestern Norway.

We’ve got no other information than the picture. I would guess it’s a plant part, probably a fruit or a root, but I may be very wrong.

Has anyone got a clue?

Best regards,

Trond

Trond Magne Storstad

Staff engineerCand. scient.

Museum of Archaeology, University of Stavanger

N-4036 Stavanger, Norway

Email: [log in to unmask]

Phone (office): (+47) 51832639/ 51832644

Mobile phone: (+47) 41617339