what about plotting the predictor vs. the residual (or squared residual) in your fitted model?

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Eugenie Hunsicker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi all,

I am interested in understanding the effect of various predictor
variables on the spread of a given response variable.  I know how to use permutation
tests to compare spreads between two groups, but I
am wondering if there is some way to create something like a regression model using either
permutation or bootstrap methods that will perform reasonably for studying the effect of predictors
on spread.  Does anyone know of such an approach?

Thanks,
Eugenie

SIGNOFF allstat

SIGNOFF allstat