yes, if you select all partially contained pores you bias towards big pores and if you pick only fully contained ones you bias towards small ones.

So: pick each pore with a probability equal to the fraction of the pore that intersects with the grid. For example, if a pore is fully contained in the grid, just pick it. If 37% of the pore is in the grid then pick it with a probability of 37%.