I am Mayank Mahawar, a 4th year Integrated M.Sc student [5yr Integrated Course in Economics] in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, in the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur and interested in data analysis and this field indeed has appealed very much to me, I would be highly obliged if I get a chance to work during the period of May-July 2014 as being a student of penultimate year of Integrated course of M.Sc Economics, this compulsory summer training would provide me the exposure to my interest and future research for my thesis.

 I already did some analytical work in two research projects of my departments on following topics.
 “Monitoring Convergence of MGNREGS (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) with other Ongoing Schemes of the Government in Orissa” by using statistical data. Sponsor: UNDP, New Delhi, Principal Investigator: Dr.N C Nayak , Associate Professor, Humanities And Social Sciences, IIT Kharagpur .

“Allowance /Restriction of Foreign Direct Investment in Retail Trade Sector of India by studying other countries policies and there progressive steps towards this issue and current retail trade structure of India.” Principal Investigator: Dr. Pulak Mishra, Associate Professor, IIT kharagpur.

And submitted my undergraduate thesis on:
Financial regulations & Merger policies in order to maintain competition & efficiency in the market” under Prof. Pulak Mishra, IIT Kharagpur.

Besides this, I am a KVPY(Kishore Vigyanik Protsahan Yojna)  Fellow in year 2010 conducted by Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore for which I got selected amongst the Top Young Scientist in India and adept at working in statistical tools/language: MS-Excel, STATA, TORA, R also have significant work experience of in C programming, AutoCAD and Solid works and basic knowledge of Markov Chain Monte Carlo technique, MATLAB, EViews and Bayesian Statistics. Addition to this I would be highly obliged if I get the chance to learn some other software during the internship. I have completed courses like statistics of economics, probability and statistics, regression and time series models,operation research, econometric analysis including lab, applied multivariate statistical modeling-I, computational statistics, file organization & data system, applied econometrics

The details of my position of responsibility and work experiences, along with my personal skills and expertise are given in my resume.
I would be very grateful if you could offer me an internship under your guidance. I believe I will be able to produce worthwhile contribution in this field.

If there is any position available for me then please let me know or else please let me know the best time to check with you in future.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

Mayank Mahawar

Resume: