Dear All,

I am a statistician retraining in statistics for Life Sciences (MSc level).
I am considering taking SAS e-learning courses and related certifications
to improve my employment prospects in Pharma/Research Institutes. I have
already access to SAS 9.3 via my University. The courses I have looked at
are the SAS Base and Advanced Programmer Certifications.

My CV (Life Sciences wise, and by the end of my studies) will only include
a short term contract in Public Health in the UK, my new degree (MSc, 120
ECTS), and an internship (Part and parcel of the MSc degree) with one
Pharma/research outfit next year.

Is this track record, plus the SAS courses mentioned above, adequate to get
considered for jobs? If not, would be taking the SAS Clinical Trials
Programmer certification worth the additional expense?

Thanks in advance for your answers and for any additional tip/information
you may want to offer about getting that type of jobs.

Kind regards,

Giulio Flore

SIGNOFF allstat