Dear All,

Apologies to non- Abbott users.  Abbott are changing their calibration for the FT4 assay from a 2 point cal to a 6 point cal.  Although Abbott quote there should be no difference between the results we have observed a negative bias during our evaluation of approx 1mU/l on the 6 pt cal compared to the 2pt cal. This is replicated on both of our analysers. Has anyone else seen a similar picture ?

Many thanks

Carolyn

Carolyn Williams  FRCPath

Principal Biochemist

Dept of Lab Medicine

Royal Bolton Hospital

Minerva Road

Bolton

BL4 0JR

(01204) 390420

------ACB discussion List Information-------- This is an open discussion list for the academic and clinical community working in clinical biochemistry. Please note, archived messages are public and can be viewed via the internet. Views expressed are those of the individual and they are responsible for all message content. ACB Web Site http://www.acb.org.uk Green Laboratories Work http://www.laboratorymedicine.nhs.uk List Archives http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ACB-CLIN-CHEM-GEN.html List Instructions (How to leave etc.) http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/