Mendeley currently have an option to export your data into Endnote or a spreadsheet. They already offer a premium (paid for) version with additional storage space but state on their website that the free version ‘will always be available’. Presumably ‘always’ means for as long as the company’s in business since there’s no guarantees – that’s what prompted this latest discussion! At least there’s a way to get your data out though.

I assume they hope to make money by imagining that the additional online storage space is something people will quickly find a need for. Personally speaking though, I only use my associated online space (2GB is included for free) for collaborating with colleagues rather than storing all of my pdfs, so I can’t see myself ever really needing it.

Best regards,

Lee G. Broderick.  BA (Hons), MSc, FZS

Zooarchaeologist

www.zooarchaeology.co.uk

This e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is private and confidential. If an addressing or transmission has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.

We sweep all outgoing messages for the presence of computer viruses.

However, we cannot accept any responsibility for any loss or damage to your systems due to viruses or malicious code not detected.