Hi all,

As part of my work with Graphic Scotland (http://graphicscotland.co.uk/), I'm extremely pleased to announce our crowdfunding campaign to create an anthology of excerpts showcasing the works shortlisted for the 9th Art Award.

The 9th Art Award (http://www.9thartfestival.com/) celebrates the international excellence of the graphic novel, and is the first that accepts submissions from anywhere in the world.
The anthology will shine a spotlight on the best contemporary graphic work and provide our supporters a unique chance to be part of graphic novel history making.
We aim to raise £1000 by 9 August 2013 to make this exciting anthology a reality.
Rewards include:
A copy of the 9th Art Anthology
More valuable books than you can shake a stick at
Premium Membership to Graphic Scotland, entitling you to discounts at certain book and art shops
Entry to the 9th Art Award ceremony at the Edinburgh International Book Festival in August
The chance to pitch your graphic novel idea to a major publisher!*
Inclusion of your own work in the anthology
Our eternal gratitude

[*The publisher is not guaranteed to publish any work pitched to them. Publishers are busy people and can't promise to feedback on submissions within a specific timeframe, just ASAP. They also can't return any materials, so just submit copies please!]

For more details on what your pledge will get you, visit our page at Bloom VC and get involved in the project now: http://bit.ly/9th-art-anthology
The 9th Art Award will be presented on 25th August at the Edinburgh International Book Festival.

Please do spread the word, and give a little if you can.

All best,
Padmini.
---
Dr Padmini Ray Murray
Lecturer, Publishing Studies
Stirling Centre for International Publishing and Communication
School of Arts and Humanities,
Room B1, Pathfoot Building
University of Stirling FK9 4LA
Tel: +44 (0)1786 467514
Fax: +44 (0)1786 466210
http://www.publishing.stir.ac.uk/

Facebook: Stirling Centre for International Publishing and Communication<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stirling-Centre-for-International-Publishing-and-Communication/136892866324135>
LinkedIn: Stirling Centre for International Publishing and Communication<http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Stirling-Centre-International-Publishing-Communication-3126945?gid=3126945&trk=hb_side_g>
Twitter: @stirpublishing<https://twitter.com/#!/stirpublishing>

--
The University of Stirling is ranked in the top 50 in the world in The Times Higher Education 100 Under 50 table, which ranks the world's best 100 universities under 50 years old.
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland,