Dear All,

We would like to invite you to attend an event in the European Parliament on 2nd October 2013 on the subject of recovery.

The meeting will be hosted by MEP Marco Scurria and our speakers will include Neil McKeganey, Elisa Rubini (San Patrignano, Italy) and Boro Goic (Celebrate Recovery, Bosnia).

The event will take place from 3.30pm-5.30pm in the European Parliament, Brussels. It is free to attend the event and anyone working in the recovery field can attend, provided they register first via this link: http://my.eurocare.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=15

As you may know, we advocated very hard last year so that recovery was included in the EU Drugs Strategy 2013-2020. At that time, we were one of only 6 organisations who advocated for the word "recovery" to be included and were very happy when this happened. The hope is that then the Member States replicate in some way the inclusion of recovery into their strategies at a national and local level.

This, I think, is the first meeting on recovery in the European Parliament for some time. So, although the time is short, we would really appreciate your efforts in terms of being able to travel to this event. The purpose of the event is to reinforce the need for recovery to be part of the European drug strategy.

While you are here, you will have the opportunity to meet with other relevant organisations working in recovery from across Europe and find out more about the new network RUN which we are currently establishing (which takes the broadest possible definition of recovery).

We look forward to welcoming you to our event in October 2013.

P.S Please remember to register. If you are not registered, you will not be able to enter the parliament due to security reasons.

Kind Regards,
Fay Watson

--

Fay Watson