That's clearly not the case. A 'warning' alarm may not have saddled the
ROD teams with the responsibility of raising tickets, but it doesn't
actually prevent the EGI people that care about this from doing it
themselves, and if they did that they'd actually get the responses from
the sites back too.

This reads to me as "We're so much more important than everyone else
that we chose to deliberately abuse the system and create a load of
hassle for other people to save a bit for ourselves."

Not good.

Ewan