On 07/23/2013 03:09 PM, Ewan MacMahon wrote:
> [...]

Yes - how could I have known of Tiziana's scheme? The
ticket said to "have a look", so I did so then closed it
(i.e. simple but effective, in my opinion!)

If there is any critical work to be done, I'd like tickets at
that time, else I'd like a standard engineering planning/migration
process to evolve the system. That means central tables of
product and time-lines in a change schedule maintained by
OMB/PMB/whatever. I'm trying to get best practise going, which
means that we try to use the right tools for the job. Tickets are OK,
but change planning is far better.

I hope that explains my motivation of this issue.

Cheers,

Steve

--
Steve Jones                             [log in to unmask]
System Administrator                    office: 220