Yes, COLAXES=1 COLDATA='[2,3]' seem to work.

The main problem is that figaro doesn't really know that the axes values
are angstroms. It just puts them in the AXIS array. Ideally for better
compatibility with other applications the wavelength would be stored in a
proper AST Frameset to allow proper alignment with other data and nice
rendering of plots. David - is there an easy way to convert the AXIS
wavelength data into an AST Spectrum object?