From: "Yann Quidé" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [SPM] Question about implicit baseline
Date: Wed, Jul 10, 2013 03:43

Dear all,

We have a question concerning implicit baseline. In an experiment using a block design, we have 3 different conditions within 3 different sessions (3 different instructions, ie inst1cond1, inst1cond2, inst1cond3; inst2cond1, inst2cond2, inst2cond3; inst3cond1, inst3cond2, inst3cond3), all modelled with no rest or fixation cross, all in the same order across session.

If at the 1st level analysis, I want for example to have a look at the effect of cond1 (say whatever the instruction) and create the vector [1 0 0], what exactly will be my implicit baseline here? Will it be an average of anything occuring during the other conditions (ie an average of what happens in the 0 0 of my [1 0 0] vector)?

Is there anything wrong it that approach?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Best,

Yann