If I'm remembering correctly, Aristotle claims that the architectonic science is politics, so it may be that Sidney is making the humanist retort that poetry is prior to politics (both temporally and logically; poets first drew people together by playing on their emotions, and politics generally depends on the inspiration of poetry).