This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Hello all,

Apologies for cross posting, I’ve been asked to circulate this around the list on behalf of the Museums Association:

Museums Association Conference & Exhibition 2013

The Museums Association Conference & Exhibition 2013 takes place at the BT Convention Centre, Liverpool on 11-12 November. It is the largest conference and exhibition for museums and heritage professionals in Europe.  Over 1,500 senior staff discuss the latest issues, discover new practice and meet the world’s leading suppliers and consultants.

The conference themes are health and wellbeing, museums of the future, and the emotional museum. Keynote speakers include Ricardo Brodsky, director of the Museum of Memory and Human Rights in Santiago, Chile, Lucy Worsley, writer, broadcaster and chief curator at Historic Royal Palaces, and Dan Jarvis MP, shadow culture minister.

There are a host of other sessions, practical workshops and training - all developed to facilitate fresh thinking. The networking events are at the International Slavery Museum and the Museum of Liverpool.

To find out more and to book your place, visit: www.museumsassociation.org/conference

Best wishes

Emma Mitchinson

Marketing & Sales Assistant

Museums Association

E: [log in to unmask]

www.museumsassociation.org

Museums Association, 42 Clerkenwell Close, London EC1R 0AZ

+44 (0)20 7566 7831

Jenny Brown

Curator (Industrial and Social History)

Museums and Galleries

Education, Culture and Sport

Aberdeen Maritime Museum

Shiprow

Aberdeen AB11 5BY

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

Direct Dial: (01224) 337719 or (01224) 523650 Direct Fax: (01224) 213066

Visit www.aagm.co.uk to search Aberdeen Art Gallery & Museums Collections.

Visit www.aberdeenquest.com for our young persons' guide to Aberdeen Art Gallery and Museums

www.facebook.com/AAGandM

http://twitter.com/AbdnArtMususeums

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail (including any attachment to it) is confidential, protected by
copyright and may be privileged.  The information contained in it should be used for its intended
purposes only. If you receive this email in error, notify the sender by reply email, delete the
received email and do not make use of, disclose or copy it. Whilst we take reasonable precautionsto
ensure that our emails are free from viruses, we cannot be responsible for any viruses transmitted
with this email and recommend that you subject any incoming email to your own virus checking
procedures.  Unless related to Council business, the opinions expressed in this email are those of
the sender and they do not necessarily constitute those of Aberdeen City Council. Unless we
expressly say otherwise in this email or its attachments, neither this email nor its attachments
create, form part of or vary any contractual or unilateral obligation. Aberdeen City
Council's incoming and outgoing email is subject to regular monitoring.
The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST