This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. ------------------------------- Latest Committee Meeting

Hello,

I’ve been asked to share details of the following upcoming seminar “Educating Historians of Crime: Classroom, Archive, Community”

Dear All,

Our Criminal Past is an AHRC funded research network which is aimed to explore the connections between academic crime history, archives, heritage and education. For more details on the network please do have a look at our website: http://www.ourcriminalpast.co.uk/ or follow us on Twitter @ourcriminalpast

We would like to invite you to an upcoming event that is taking place at Leeds Metropolitan University on Friday 6th September (10am - 4.00pm). The day is titled Educating Historians of Crime: Classroom, Archive, Community and it involves sessions about the teaching of crime history in various settings, the use of crime/penal resources and education in archives and in museums, as well as considering how we develop teaching strategies for future historians of crime.

The programme includes Louise Jackson, Andrew Davies, Drew Gray and Helen Rogers, talking about their teaching practice/engagement with students; we also have speakers from the National Archives, the HE Academy, Ripon Museums and the Galleries of Justice, Nottingham.

As a funded network, we are able to offer a small number of travel bursaries of up to £100 to cover reasonable travel costs (please contact us in advance about this [log in to unmask] ) for interested parties - this event itself is free and refreshments / lunch will be provided.  I've attached a poster advertising the event (pdf), feel free to circulate to anyone that you think might be interested we are really keen to welcome people from archives, museums and the heritage sector.  If you would like to attend please register with us in advance.

Best wishes,

Helen Johnston & Heather Shore

Dr Helen Johnston

Senior Lecturer in Criminology

Undergraduate Director (Criminology Programmes)

Co-Director of the Centre for Criminology & Criminal Justice (CCCJ)

Department of Social Sciences

University of Hull

Cottingham Road

HULL

HU6 7RX

****Disclaimer****

The information in this message should be regarded as Private and is
intended for the addressee only unless explicitly stated.
If you have received this message in error it must be deleted and the sender
notified.
The views expressed in this message are personal and not necessarily
those of St Albans City and District Council unless explicitly stated.
Please be aware that emails sent to or received from St Albans City and
District Council may be intercepted and read by the council.
Interception will only occur to ensure compliance with council policies or
procedures or regulatory obligations, to prevent or deter crime, or for the
purposes of essential maintenance or support of the email system.

Please note that the Council does not accept service by e-mail

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST