Sent on behalf of John Crawford

 Volunteers wanted for Leadhills Library

****

Dear all,****

****

Leadhills Library in South Lanarkshire would like to recruit more
volunteers to staff this historic library, founded in 1741, on the days
which it is open to the public. Leadhills Library is Britain’s first
surviving subscription library and the world’s first working class
subscription library and its foundation was linked to innovative ideas
about lifelong learning.

Currently the library is only open at weekends and is closed in the winter
months. Volunteers are of course, unpaid and do not receive expenses and
volunteering would probably appeal to those living within easy travelling
distance of Leadhills and a car is pretty much essential. Details about the
Library can found at the undernoted URL and I have written a volunteer’s
manual to help new volunteers.

Please reply to me at the undernoted email address and I can forward
replies to the Trust vice chairman.

****

Best wishes

****