close. a 1.y or 2.y are approved versions, at some point in time the
version (and that depends upon what the organization has decided) will get
revved up to the next X level. the minor ys have been basically approved
but not enough to make the document go to the next whole version. maybe
once a year you get all the minor versions ratified and the whold document
becomes a new version

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va