Hi Everyone,

I’m delighted to have been elected as the PsyPAG representative for the Psychology of Women’s section (POWS). I’ll be attending the POWS committee on 18th September 2013 so if you have any issues or ideas you want me to raise please let me know. I’ll send this email out again as a reminder a couple of weeks before the meeting.

In addition I am encouraging support for PsyPAG led initiative to increase communication about women’s issues, this may become an idea that PSYPAG and or POWS have ideas to develop centrally but I think we can also have student led inititaives which can really help to develop a collegiate feel across the UK. So I am thinking of providing a service for guest blogs perhaps via www.socphd.co.uk but also want to encourage other women to develop blogs, etc for their own interests, univerisities etc. There is much which can be achieved if we collaborate. For example my university have started a women’s networking group for staff and PGR and I will look to see how psypag students can use this to develop their internal voice and connections as well as perhaps using it to springboard other ideas. I know we are all busy but I think we can really do something brilliant.

I will offer all necessary support to anyone who is new to blogging or who wants to try out an idea for themselves. I’m hosting a PSYPAG social media workshop at their social psychology conference in August and will share the powerpoint via this email address too.

I look forward to hearing from both men and women who are interested in anything to do with women’s issues, I also have a particular interest in the wellbeing of PGR students and postdocs and would welcome others who would like to extend that narrative.

Finally to be clear, I view myself as a facilitator and collaborator, my representative role is to aid the communication of your voice and I’d like to do this in as creative and as broad a way as possible.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Warmest wishes,

Donna .