Hi Maria

I'd firstly recommend Andy Field's books:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Discovering-Statistics-Introducing-Statistical-Methods/dp/1847879071/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1374858238&sr=8-1&keywords=andy+field
and
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Discovering-Statistics-Using-Andy-Field/dp/1446200469/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1374858300&sr=8-3&keywords=andy+field

Plus "Figure it Out" seems to be good - I've been to their training
session's, Check out
http://www.offbeat.group.shef.ac.uk/FIO/qualifications.htm

Hope this helps

Best Wishes
Ben Haysom-Newport MSc, BSc (Hons), MBPsS