Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility, located at the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire. By accelerating electrons to near light-speed, Diamond generates brilliant beams of light from infra-red to X-rays which are used for academic and industry research and development across a wide range of scientific disciplines including medicine, biology, physics, chemistry, materials science, engineering, earth and environmental sciences.

We are looking for a maternity cover to join our communications team as Public Engagement Manager. You will be expected to deliver plans for 2014 from the organisation of our Saturday open days to the organisation’s presence at appropriate festivals.

With over 6,000 visitors coming to the facility through open days and educational visits, you will need to have a dynamic and proactive approach matched to the ability to form relationships quickly and effectively with both staff and the researchers who come and use our unique facilities.

For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Isabelle Boscaro-Clarke, Head of Communications on 01235 778130.

You can visit the website for more information www.diamond.ac.uk/Home/Jobs/Current/DIA0860_TH

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
• Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com