Hello,

Ever wondered if there are other universes out there? Or whether time travel is possible? I am launching an exciting new series of physics and astronomy schools talks for the 2013/2014 year to coincide with the publication of my popular science book - The Big Questions in Science.

Co-written with Hayley Birch and Mun-Keat Looi, the book delves into twenty of the most intriguing, far-reaching and profound questions in science today. Published on the 12 September, it tells the story of a cast of thousands, from humble laboratory scientists to extravagant millionaires, biologists, chemists, physicists, mathematicians, computer scientists, philosophers, explorers and engineers in pursuit of the answers.

The Big Questions Schools Series pulls out five of the biggest questions in astronomy and physics and links them to key aspects of the KS3, KS4 and KS5 science curricula. With a heavy emphasis on how science works, students will hear about the latest findings that are changing the way scientists think about our universe.

The five questions are:

What is the universe made of?
Are we alone in the universe?
Are there other universes?
What's at the bottom of a black hole?
Is time travel possible?

Full details of the talks and their tie ins to curricula can be found at www.colinstuart.net/bigquestionspromo.pdf. Initially I am looking to take these talks to within 90 minutes travelling time of London (where I am based), but do get in touch if you're further afield and we can discuss possibilities.

Versions of the talks have also been developed for adult audiences, so please get in touch if that is of interest or if you have any other questions. You can contact me off list at [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Colin Stuart

Freelance science communicator & astronomy, physics and science writer.

Astronomer at Royal Observatory Greenwich (part-time)

Pre-order my book - The Big Questions in Science - on Amazon

Website: http://www.colinstuart.net
Twitter: @skyponderer

• set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • Subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com