 hi,
 so, for the last number of months we've been working on our next project. and now it's about to make its world debut, tuesday, july 9th @ 7:00 pm and I can write this update and tell you all (or at least what I can remember (after a day of watching two very different mothers testify, after watching the coup in Egypt, etc.) of the relevant details.
 in list form? sure, why not. I love lists, and in this case a list even makes sense. so, here's the new project announcement list:

 1- the project is called voyager1now. just to be clear (and possibly kind of pedantic) voyager1now is actually the title, a noun, a condition, a state.

 2-a multi-media performance piece running a triptych of video, live soundscape and performed text, was written by Damian Catera and myself (G. E. Schwartz)

 3- the performance debuts july 9th, 2013 @ 7:00 pm at the hayden planetarium, american museum of natural history, new York, new York. yes, that's the right date and the right location.

 4-what is it all about? we've imagined what it would be like for the exploratory spacecraft voyager 1 to actually RETURN to its planet of origin, earth, 36 years after its launch. voyager 1, whose gestures had been optimistic (we might even say quixotic) returns to earth, becoming a great panopticon, observing images and sounds of nativistic earthlings, which then SOMEHOW morphs the craft into a very morose X-37, hunter-killer space drone, replacing its visual and sonic messages as it takes on its own mission extending a gravestone rather than an olive branch, returning to annex space.

 5-the piece is dedicated to the memory of my aunt, expressionist painter AGNITA SCHWARTZ-BRITZMAN, who, when I visited her in California in 1976, called the JET PROPULSION LABORATORY with up a story that she, a teacher (she was an art instructor, wanted to give an honor-student whiz-kid (I was neither)a private tour of the place. somehow, it worked: my aunt, my father and I drove out to PASADENA and took the tour, where I saw VOYAGER 1 being assembled on its pallet.

 6-is voyager 1 going, going still going? one way or another, it's at the solar system's edge where there's no signs that proclaim, "you are now entering interstellar space. it's also the only object made by human hands to travel as far as it has. in the last 36 years we've "traveled" quite far too. some of that distance good. some of it bad. this will be a meditation on it all.

 7-perhaps dan akroyd, was right to joke live on a Saturday night live some 35 years ago, indicating that the golden record attached to voyager 1 had been retrieved and a responsive message had been decoded, reading : "send more CHUCK BERRY."

 8-is this the end of our performance announcement list? it might be. thank you for reading, and I really hope take in VOYAGER1NOW at its live debut or in its future recorded format.

 g. e. schwartz