Building on what Tiiu Poldma was pointing out in her post I would like to acknowledge Peter Jones as being among the practitioner / educators who got it early on and saw the implications of a practice based logic for Design 1,2,3,4. Peter used the NextD Complexity Ladder in his recent book, Design For Care and also teaches awareness of it in his classes.

For those who missed the 30 or so conversations that informed the various NextD sensemaking materials they remain posted on Issuu and most of those documents can also be found on the academia platform. If you missed all of that as well as the many conference presentations that we have made in numerous countries since the NextD Complexity Ladder was created as well as missing our various public workshops since 2005 you can find an overview of the story in the conversation that Peter and I had some time ago, entitled Understanding Design 1,2,3,4; the Rise of Visual SenseMaking. That conversation is also in Tiiu’s new book entitled Meanings of Design Spaces. Thank you for including us Tiiu.

Many NextD docs have been posted on Issuu for an extended period and many can also be found on the academia platform.

If you missed all of that work as Jerry Dietheim seems to have done then it will be difficult to gain a deep understanding of all that has already transpired from just my posts here. We do not have any particular expectations that posting a few comments on this list will explain all the NextD work.

In between engagements we have been giving some thought to returning to the completion of the long lost NextD book. Now that Innovation Methods Mapping is complete we are entering the next cycle. More soon.

Off to central park now.

The new CitiBike system in NYC is a terrific and overdue addition to the city!

That system has really changed summer life in this crazy town.

Bye.

Related:

NextD Library on Issuu

http://issuu.com/nextd