May I suggest that one step you could take is to engage an occupational hygienist to carry out airborne monitoring to establish whether there are cotton fibres in the air and whether the level is sufficient to warrant action? The same monitoring might identify other airborne elements that could account for the problem. If you need to find a suitable hygienist contact the British Occupational Hygiene Society who will provide you with names in your area – or drop me an e-mail with you address and I will look them up in the BOHS members directory for you.

Chris

Chris Packham

FRSPH, FIIRSM, FInstSMM, MCMI, RSP, MBICSc

EnviroDerm Services

Unit 10, Building 11, The Mews, Mitcheldean, GL17 0SN

Tel: 01386 832 311

Mobile: 07818 035 898

www.enviroderm.co.uk