From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Carr Barnes
Sent: 03 July 2013 12:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Delivering vaccination programmes

Hi all

I've just had a discussion with a colleague about logistics regarding delivery of vaccinations.

With my last employer our process had us delivering vaccinations solo (without another clinician) and often we would be relatively isolated in the customer's building e.g. receptionist on lunch or half day or for security reasons or location of the delivery room. Our process stated a safety risk assessment was required e.g. did you have direct consistent access to an outside telephone line to dial 999 if there was no-one within shouting/grabbing distance, did you have adrenalin etc

My colleague worked for a provider where vaccinations were always delivered with a "responsible person"  close by in case of emergency.

I have been through the HPA site and Green Book (immunisation procedures etc) cannot find anything on this "responsible person" role.

Can I ask what other people do and why (evidence base)?

Thanks

Carr

This message may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender that you have received the message in error before deleting it.

Please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Thank you for your co-operation.

OCC-HEALTH ARCHIVES:

CONFERENCES AND STUDY DAYS: