Dear Colleagues

From 1 August 2013 the Institute of Germanic & Romance Studies (IGRS) will be known as the Institute of Modern Languages Research (IMLR). There will be a period of transition over the summer as we adapt the website and other outlets to this change. The School of Advanced Study has issued a press release, which can be viewed here: http://www.igrs.sas.ac.uk/about-us/news/igrs-be-known-institute-modern-languages-research-1-august-2013

We are planning a launch event on Saturday 7 December 2013, so please put this date in your diaries. This will consist of a day of papers, debates and reflections on the theme of ‘Post-National Modern Languages?’. Further details will follow in September. In the meantime, all our activities continue as normal, with a full programme of events next term.

With best wishes for an enjoyable and productive summer,

Bill Marshall, Director

Professor Bill Marshall

School of Advanced Study

University of London