Hi all
I am currently writing a proposal for a university ethics application and I am looking for support to include the collection of ethnic background of participants.

At present the policy is that if you are not going to directly use the data then it shouldn't be collected.

My feelings are that when I look at published studies that don't tell me anything about the ethnicity of the participants it generally means no one other than 'White' background were included.  Even though my study will be qualitative and include small numbers I believe it is important to detail the characteristics of the participants.

What do you think and is there any evidence I can use in support of this?

Many thanks
Best Wishes
Anna
Anna Allford